Negril's Historic Lighthouse
Built before the turn of the last century, the Negril Lighthouse has served the people of Jamaica since 1895. The Lighthouse, located a ways out on the West End Road, past Rick's Cafe, is a 100 foot tall structure and powered by solar energy. The power source was converted back in 1985, just a decade before it's 100th anniversary. The Negril landmark still guides ships safely around Jamaica's western edge. For a bit more useful information about the Lighthouse, please click here.